Support the Arts at Western!
The College of Fine and Performing Arts (CFPA) promotes a lifelong relationship with the arts that enhances, challenges and inspires both the individual and the community. We provide our students with rigorous visual and performing arts education. Our students, faculty, and alumni are recognized nationally and internationally.
The CFPA offers hundreds of performances, presentations, and exhibitions each year featuring the talents of our students and faculty, special guest lecturers, professional performers, and visual artists. These include many of our successful alumni who return to share their expertise with our students to prepare them for their own careers.
The generosity of friends of the CFPA has made a invaluable impact on our students and the community we serve.
Gifts are crucial in funding:
- Professional performances and exhibitions open to the public
- Important K-12 education outreach
- Scholarships for students in all our departments
- Academic programming, including:
- guest lecturers
- student travel
- faculty professional development
The goal of the College of Fine and Performing Arts is to nurture a comprehensive understanding of the languages of Movement Art, Visual Art, Theatre Art and Music in order to create thinking artists and artistic thinkers who will shape and translate global culture in the 21st century.
To fulfill this mission, the College of Fine and Performing Arts aims:
- To maintain a viable connection with the liberal arts tradition of the university.
- To equip students with the creative and intellectual tools necessary for success in the arts.
- To enable students to value, understand and challenge traditional concepts.
- To maintain an environment that supports diversity, reflection and dedication to creative pursuits.
- To promote critical thinking, innovative ideas and active arts leadership.
- To provide world class and multicultural experiences in the arts for both students and members of the community.
- To prepare students for a dynamic, lifelong relationship with the arts.
Please Consider Supporting Fine and Performing Arts at Western Today!
Click on the departmental buttons below to learn more about the departments within our college.