Help Support Health and Human Development Students on Give Day!
The mission of the Department of Health and Human Development is to educate individuals to improve personal and community wellness and quality of life through human movement, health, and leisure experiences.
Your gift to the Department of Health and Human Development will fund:
- Student research
- Department scholarships
- Registration and travel to conferences for graduate and undergraduate students
- Equipment needs for our state-of-the-art student learning labs in the Carver Academic Facility
- Teaching materials and equipment
- Student recognition awards and events
- Guest speakers and special events
The goal of the department is excellence in teaching, research, and service. Programs in the department:
- Provide professional preparation based on a foundation of liberal education.
- Provide intellectually challenging programs of study through a variety of teaching techniques, including active student involvement in the learning process, practica, service learning, and participation in faculty research.
- Provide instruction that enables students to communicate effectively, think critically and creatively, and work cooperatively.
- Provide academic advisement that assists students in achieving their academic and professional goals.
- Prepare students to be competent and ethical professionals who model a commitment to lifelong learning and healthy living.
- Prepare students to be stewards of environments that promote healthy living and quality of life.
- Prepare students to live and work in a culturally diverse society.
Your contribution will help students in these HHD programs:
- Public Health (formerly Community Health)
- Physical Education and Health P-12
- Recreation Management and Leadership
Graduate Degree: Master of Science in Kinesiology
- Exercise Science
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
Learn more about our programs here:
- Physical Education & Health P-12 graduates
- Physical Education & Health P-12 majors with Professor Nick Washburn
- Recreation Management & Leadership majors cleaning up Maritime Heritage Park
- Muscle electrical activity examination in functional anatomy laboratory - Kinesiology majors
- Recreation Management & Leadership graduate