Help Support The Accounting Department Today!
Join us supporting Western Washington University’s Accounting Students. As we plan for the future, we hope to support our students to become in-demand professional accountants.
Recruiting Students into the Major
- Onsite Outreach Events - Pairing students with industry partners, and visiting area high schools and community colleges
- WWU “Vison Trips” – Hosting future accounting majors on campus to experience Western’s culture
- Scholarships – Ensuring the affordability and accessibility for students
- Expanding Practical Student Experience - Expanding our VITA program to better serve the neediest members of our community
Professional Development and Retention
- Writing and Communications – Continuing to support our Writing in the Curriculum Program Coordinator and Presentation Tutor so all Accounting students have access to expertise in both writing and communications skills
- Mentoring and Outreach – Expanding our mentorship programs and reaching current and first-generation students
- Merit-based scholarships – Supporting merit-based scholarship opportunities, especially for those students who need it the most
Expand Data Analysis Education
- Data Analytics – Integrating data analytics and other technology skills throughout the accounting curriculum.
- Classroom Support – Increasing student support to learn new analytics software and how to effectively present the data.
Help us get there by making a contribution today to the Accounting Fund for Excellence!