Please donate to the WWU International Student Support Fund!
Western Washington University hosts 150-200 international and exchange students each year, on F-1 and J-1 visas. These students come from over 40 countries, contributing valuable and diverse perspectives to our campus and community. They also help financially support WWU as well as the local community.
International students at WWU pay non-resident tuition, and do not qualify for U.S. federal financial aid. They have very limited access to scholarships and are not generally authorized to work off campus. They do not have the safety network that domestic students have. Many families make huge sacrifices to fund their children’s education in the U.S. because they believe in our educational system.
Some of the issues that create financial challenges for students include:
- Currency devaluation in the home country, relative to the U.S. dollar
- Parents losing employment and experiencing financial hardship
- Natural catastrophe or economic crises back home
- Student visas restrict international students from working off campus
- Increased cost of educational expenses and living in Bellingham
- Unexpected health emergencies and their related expenses
Read how donations to the International Student Support Fund have already helped students overcome challenges and continue on with their degree!
Thank you for supporting the educational and financial needs of WWU international students!
You can keep up with our latest news and events on our Facebook or on our Website.