Support the WWU Career Closet through donations of funds or attire!
Be a part of WWU Give Day TODAY, May 25th!
Due to an increasing awareness of and use among students and alumni, we’re asking for YOUR support of the WWU Career Closet! Since this fall, we've had over 275 visits and received thousands of dollars worth of professional attire donations!
Learn about the positive impacts of this resource! This past year, the WWU Career Closet has been featured in video, print and annual publications produced by Western Washington University..
Please consider supporting this resource during WWU Give Day 2023! Funds raised will help support the:
- Expansion of the "career closet on the go”—a rolling rack of clothing hosted by departments in the spaces where students gather
- Purchasing professional clothing that is in high demand or unavailable to meet students and alumni’s diverse needs
Thank you for your interest in learning how your financial contributions will help facilitate the implementation and expansion of resources available to current students and Western Graduates!
How can you support this free resource for the WWU Community?
- Contribute financially on Give Day (May 25th)
- If you work at WWU, set up a payroll deduction (email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements)
- Donate gently-used professional attire to the WWU Career Closet – Contact the Career Services Center at email@example.com to schedule a donation drop-off! Tax receipts up to $4999 can be arranged for recordkeeping.
- Share information about this resource - in your class, host a clothing drive in your department, or schedule a visit to come and see this resource in person!
Give Day 2022 Impact
Thanks to the generosity of donors, we raised approximately $1300 to provide scholarships for seven students to participate in the Career Preparation course taught by our career counselors. One of the recipients shares her positive experience in the class:
“Throughout my college education, I have never taken a course that created a more supportive and encouraging atmosphere. This course allowed me to learn more about myself and find a career that aligns with my true values.”
~ Marymarie W., Senior, Environmental Science
Thank You to funders, visionaries and collaborators! With dozens of beneficiaries supporting the people, places and programs of WWU, your support is appreciated!