Woodring Peer Mentors work to support students interested in pursuing Woodring College's fields of study-- primarily the undergraduate and post-bacc fields of Teacher Education and Human Services. Mentors collaborate with mentees in career/program exploration, resume-building, and in navigating the Woodring application process. The goal of mentors is to foster personal connections through rapport-building and regular contact with mentees.
Mentors work to do the following:
- Answer questions about Woodring and the application process with a student perspective
- Help mentees explore the teaching and human services professions
- Connect mentees with professors, college resources, and volunteer opportunities
- Provide access to campus resources as needed
- Communicate information clearly and accurately
- Invite mentees to fun and informational Woodring events