LGBTQ+ Western was established in August 2018, and Give Day provides an opportunity to become an inaugural supporter of LGBTQ+ Western. We strive to advance the holistic thriving of diverse LGBTQ+ students, faculty, and staff by collaboratively engaging the Western community with transformational knowledge, resources, advocacy, and celebration.
In its first eight months, LGBTQ+ Western's work has included:
- Facilitating workshops and class visits reaching over 800 people. For example, in early May we co-hosted a wonderful workshop for students about Healthy Queer Relationships.
- Providing over 100 consultation sessions for more than 120 students, faculty, and staff. Regular office hours offer drop-in time for students, faculty, and staff to seek support and consultation.
- Hosting and co-hosting events and discussions attended by more than 200 people. These include discussions for students at the beginning and end of the quarter about spending time with family as an LGBTQ+ person, and timely discussions related to events happening nationally open to students, faculty, and staff.
- Via the LGBTQ+ Western website and emails, engaging the Western community with information about events and resources related to diversity of sexual orientation and gender identity.
Your contribution makes a difference! Donations to LGBTQ+ Western:
- Support programming that advances the visibility, understanding, and celebration of LGBTQ+ people and cultures at Western.
- Provide emergency financial assistance to assist LGBTQ+ students in staying enrolled and successful at Western in the event of unanticipated significant economic hardship.
- Support Western students, faculty, and staff participation in LGBTQ+ conferences beyond Western that advance leadership development and/or engage queer and trans intellectual and artistic inquiry.